Whenever you suffer from a yeast infection, do not get upset because there are ways out. Yeast infection is also known as Candida. The yeast infection is quite common in women. The yeast is actually a kind of a fungus that lives in the vagina and is present in a small number. When the number of yeast cells tends to increase in the vagina that is what causes the yeast infection. These infections are quite common. The positive part is that these infections are not of a serious nature. The treatment is quite simple as well. The healthy vagina has Lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria, and it helps to keep the yeast under control.
However, the hormone levels tend to increase in the vagina during pregnancy, and this can also lead to a yeast infection. A simple hormone therapy may also lead to an increase in the yeast. Even HIV or diabetes can cause a yeast infection. Thus, before treating the infection, it is important to understand the cause of the infection. This way it will become easier to address the problem and treat it in a better way.
Symptoms of a Yeast Infection
Now that we have looked into what yeast infection is and the possible causes let us now look at the symptoms of yeast infection.
- Usually, the patient experiences are burning and itching in the affected area.
- When you suffer from vaginal infection, then you may experience swelling in the affected area as well.
- When the infection is severe, the patient may experience burning while urinating and there may be discharge from the vagina as well.
The Simple Remedies for Yeast Infection
Most patients do not want to opt for medicines in the initial stages of the disease. Thus, the best alternative is to try out the home remedies mentioned below, and they can prove to be quite effective for the patient.
You will be surprised to know that coconut oil has anti-fungal properties. This is the reason that coconut oil can be quite useful in killing those fungi that are responsible for yeast infection.
- Now what you need to do is that you can apply coconut oil to the affected area about thrice a day.
- You can also make a mixture of cinnamon oil and coconut oil. This mixture can be quite useful in controlling the infection growth.
The cranberries also have antifungal and antibacterial properties. It can be quite useful in fighting the fungi that are responsible for the yeast infection.
- You can try drinking the unsweetened Cranberry juice several times in a day. This will help to promote healing, and you will be able to recover from a yeast infection fast.
- You can even try taking Cranberry tablets about 2 to 3 times a day, and this will be a very useful practice in treating the yeast infection.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
The white vinegar and the apple cider vinegar have components that can be quite useful in controlling the yeast infection. The following gives the details about how to use these remedies.
- Take a cup of water and mix about two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in it. You should try drinking this mixture about twice a day.
- Add vinegar to a hot bath. You should try sitting in the bath for about an hour, and you will notice that the irritation of the yeast infection will reduce significantly.
- You can even add vinegar or apple cider vinegar to water and try to apply the mixture to the affected area externally. You need to leave this mixture onto the skin for about half an hour and then rinse off.
Even a garlic clove can be quite effective in treating a yeast infection. Thus, it is a must try out.
- The way to use it is that you should cut the garlic clove in two halves.
- Sew a string through the garlic cloves.
- The garlic clove needs to be placed in the affected area in the evening before sleeping.
- The garlic clove can be removed the next morning with the help of the attached string.
Garlic promotes healing and will be quite useful even in fighting a severe infection, so it is a must try out.
Tea Tree Oil:
The tea tree oil has also got anti-fungal properties and can be quite effective in fighting yeast infection. The tea tree oil can be applied on the night for best results.
However, when the home remedies do not prove to be useful, then it is necessary to visit a gynecologist so that she can find a solution to the problem. She might recommend medicines in severe cases for fighting the infection. The best thing to do is that you should start with the home remedies in the initial stages. This way they will prove to be more effective. It may become a problem to treat an advanced stage infection with the help of the home remedies, so it is better to nip the infection in the initial stages.
Home remedies have been suggested above, but user discretion is advised before making use of any of the home remedies. The reason is that the vagina is a sensitive area, and it is essential that you should discuss your symptoms with your gynecologist before deciding to opt for any of the home remedies. If you feel that an allergic reaction has occurred due to the use of home remedies, then you should discontinue them on an immediate basis.
Prevention is always better than cure. Follow a hygienic routine and when you suspect a yeast infection do make sure that you closely watch out for the fact that the infection does not increase. This way you can avoid the discomfort and pain caused by a yeast infection. Start with milder remedies first and only switch to other medicines when you feel that symptoms are not improving or getting worse. These little rules will save you from a lot of trouble.